My skin can be bi-polar, it can go from having really oily patches to being dry like the Sahara. Neither are a good look. Dehydration is just one of the ailments us makeup whores have to battle each day, and it can be a tough one. This serum promises to smooth fine lines and return elasticity to skin.
Now, I know drinking tonnes of water every day will help us all with the battle against dehydration, but I tend to be a pissy pants all the live long day when I try to drink the recommended amount, I own the bladder of a small kitten. So, if something can help me with restoring some hydration to the skin and make me look youthful at the same time, then I am downing that shiz!!
I received this serum from Pestle & Mortar and was looking forward to using it. I love the packaging, do you know little ointment droppy things are in? Yep, there’s a sentence I never thought I’d be pompous enough to buy into 😉 But they do make sure you only use the right amount. The packaging reminds me of Jo Malone feel and errrrr’body loves Jo.
I have decided I am going to be much nicer to my skin now and get it in tip-top shape for the wedding and I think this is perfect product to help me get there or for any brides looking to give their skin that boost on the run up to their wedding.
The main ingredients of this serum are: (I am about to sound like Harry Potter on Ketamine!)
- Sodium Hyaluronate – this can hold more water than any other natural substance and so it helps the skin absorb water more effectively and reduces trans-epidermal water loss.
- Aloe Barbadensis Gel – aloe soothes, calms and tackles any dry patches.
- Padina Pavonica Extract – a microscopic alga that’s proven to promote the skin’s youthful appearance.
- Vitamin E – protects the skin from some UV light and reduces water loss from skin.
- Acytyl Hexapeptide-8 – synthetically derived peptide with water-binding properties.
I’ve been using two drops in the morning and two again in the evening under my moisturiser. It leaves the skin feeling velvety soft, I forgot it while I was away last week and could see where my skin had gone dry from not using it.
It’ll set you back €42.99 for 30ml but the bottle will last for ages and this has left my skin in great condition and sometimes it’s just time to look after the skin and only certain products will achieve that. This beauty is one of them, my skin looks more awake and radiant! And who doesn’t want to be a radiant bride?
Pestle & Mortar is available on their website: http://www.pestleandmortarcosmetics.com/ and it’s now available in Arnotts too.
The Girl Pout Town x